Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spending Time

So, I'm not working right now and my car needs fixed for me to go anywhere.  How to spend all this time that I usually spend running around? Well I have found a few ways to stay occupied.

1-Play everyone's farmville for them. My mom's won't let her in, my daughter is at school all week, and occasionally other people are too busy to harvest their crops on time.

2-Clean out my house like I've already found a better place to live. This one has the bonus of saving me more time later when it actually becomes time to move. Not to mention, having an emptier living room has left me feeling more relaxed when I lay on the couch to relax and watch tv, play online, or whatever.

3-Learn how to fix my laptop. (I need a new keyboard as my space bar is broken and I have to type really slow now, which my hyper personality seriously dislikes.) Now I just need to figure out where to come up with an additional 20-30 for the keyboard and shipping. I know how to do many repairs on desktops and I am elated to branch out into laptops.

4-Inventory my food. I keep intending to eat out what we have in the house so that moving will be lighter once I find a place but can't remember what all we have on hand. Maybe I won't have to go shopping in May for anything other than milk, bread and snacks. Wouldn't that be really nice?

5-Scrubbing walls, floors, counters, etc. My bathroom really shines right now.

6-Boxing up things we use less often. (Holiday specific kitchen wares, items for entertaining, etc)

7-Going through kids clothes to donate.

8-Working on counted cross stitch projects I haven't had time for.

9-Using StumbleUpon to find interesting sites.

10-Pushing through as much of my daughter's schoolwork as possible so that we can have light fun days when the weather is great.

11-Clearing off our bookshelves to donate to the library and sell online.

12-Organizing my computer files and bookmarks.

13-Teaching my son the sounds of the letters (since he already knows all his letters at 3), pencil control skills, and plain old fun activities like lacing, art etc.

14-Organizing my room.

15-Making it possible to change my couch out for one my parents are getting me from a friend of theirs.

I'd say that I've found a few ways to make good come out of the misfortune of the van needing repaired but there are a few downsides I just can't get around.

1-Having my schedule at the whim of others since I can't just take myself.

2-Not being able to schedule anything without consulting others to see if they can drive me.

3-Having to walk across town to get milk with little ones in tow on legs that are having trouble holding me up around the house let alone after walking across town.

All in all it's definitely been good to spend more time at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment